At Vision Care of Media, Dr. Mary E. Fediw and our entire Media eye care team are committed to providing advanced vision care in a professional and comfortable environment. As an eye care provider, our service includes a complete eye exam analyzing eye health and vision function. In addition to eye exams and vision testing, Dr. Fediw and team of optometry professionals provide testing for glaucoma, cataracts and macular degeneration. Our service also offers eyeglasses, contact lenses, sunglasses and pre- and post-operative care.
FUN FACT:"Did you know that whereas a fingerprint has 40 unique characteristics, the iris of the eye (the color of the eye) has 256?"
Dr. Fediw and the Vision Care of Media team take routine eye exams seriously. The optometrist will decide how often you need to have an examination, whether yearly or bi-yearly.
Patients will receive:
- a complete history review
- a series of vision and eye tests
- assessments of eye focusing and movement
- eye health evaluation
- glaucoma testing
The optometrist will discuss any additional testing that may be required to diagnose an eye disease or condition. Call us today at (610) 566-2744 to schedule an appointment.
Not sure that eyeglasses are for you? Ask our staff about contact lenses. Advances in the contact lens field have produced a variety of different lens options:
- Rigid gas-permeable (RGP) lenses
- Daily wear soft disposable lenses are available as a one day, two or four week replacement
Patients who are active participants in sports, exercise programs, or more specifically occupational advantages to wearing contact lenses are:
- Vision is more natural in size
- Contact lenses stay in place
- Contact lenses will not fog up with perspiration or condensation
- Contact lenses can shield the cornea from corneal injuries by a foreign body or some hazardous fluid
The optometrist will discuss the various options with you to determine which type will best fit your needs and lifestyle. Schedule your examination today by calling (610) 566-2744.